Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Writing, Day I

Now that I've finished designing the main cast, it's time to start writing. I've made a schedule of dates to have written the first three "movements" of the story by. The comic is broken into twelve parts, but I can't decide whether to call them chapters, volumes, books, etc... books seems to be the most interesting choice, seeing as how each segment is a mini-novel, introducing and telling the story of one of the twelve characters.


The first deadline is this Saturday night - John's story. Should be intense. I've stocked up on Monster and have been reading and watching lots of inspirational material. I figure I'll get to work tomorrow evening when classes are over.

I've re-written John's arc into a much more visceral, violent, fast-paced story, as opposed to the plodding, awkward one I was stuck with before. Feels good man. This saga will definitely come out swinging.

----------------
Now playing: Austrian Death Machine - If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment