Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Katsucon 16

Back from Katsucon 16. What a time.

Pretty crazy weekend, tons of hilarious experiences and not-so-great misadventures... barely broke even with the auction versus expenses, though one of my prints went for $125. Needless to say, I was stunned. Jazzed, even.

Got to sit in on a few really good panels - Michael "Mookie" Terracciano's Dominic Deegan panel, and a two-man panel with Chris “Kilika” Malone (Blue and Blonde) and Brian Wilson (Geist Panik). Learned a lot, took a lot of notes. I'm trying to find more cons to hit up in 2010, and I'm currently waiting to hear back from the Artist Alley at AnimeNEXT.

After listening to the guys talk about how much work goes into getting a webcomic off the ground, I've been considering a different approach to how I'm going to release Hoshen. Specifically, a weekly update schedule - maybe three days a week, like a Monday, Wednesday, Friday thing. Would make it easy to balance the comic and school that way.

Only problem is, it'll take many years to finish the entire 36-book, 144-chapter story. I hate the thought of spending that long on one project, seeing as how I come up with new ideas every single day.

But then, I suppose that's what it all comes down to... is this project worth sticking around with for that long?

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment